The Stories of Women are creative non-fiction stories written in first person narrative by a woman. These are stories told from the heart to inspire and unite women. There is no need to believe your story has to be grandiose, since it is often the simpler pieces that touch the soul and give us hope and guidance in our own lives.
But we don’t want you to hold back either! Let your story be filled with personal adventure and all the emotion and drama that the experience invoked within you.
We want your story to cause the reader’s soul to stir with happiness, reflection, desire, and hope. Feel comfortable sharing your story. Allow your voice to be heard and trust that your words will be received with an open heart.
Go ahead … Illuminate us. Rock our world!
Guidelines for a Good Story
Stories of all kinds are welcome as long as they are written by a woman. Think of all the moving experiences and beings that have passed through your life and let your stories emerge.
Each story should have:
- A clear beginning, middle, and end
- A conflict or challenge that is overcome by a resolution involving personal growth
- Been well-written to be considered
- Up to 2,000 words
Keys to a great story:
- Be honest, thoughtful, expressive, and daring.
- Include dialogue, action, or issues.
- End with a result or conclusion if possible.
- Introduce colorful and authentic characters.
- Create vivid images that allow the reader to see “where you are” and “where you came from.”
- Positive stories are being sought and we recognize a good story often covers a range of human emotions.
Submitting Your Story
- Stories may only be submitted electronically.
- Please keep a copy to of your story for your records since we can not return any submission.
- Anonymous submissions will not be considered.
- Please do not submit the same story more than once.
- Once you have submitted your wonderful story, you will receive an email confirmation that we received your story into our care.
- If you have had an error, please contact us here.
- By submitting your story, you are giving us permission to publish and print it. See Terms of Service. Your submission will be responded to in 2-6 months.
- If you want to submit a story that does not fit the current theme, then your story will remain in our secret vault as a possibility for a future Stories of Women publication.
- If your story is chosen to be published in one of our books, you will receive a complimentary copy of the book.
Congratulations! We look forward to reading your story!